When deciding how and where to advertise open positions, please keep the following points in mind:
- Create an advertising and outreach plan to ensure that a diverse, qualified applicant pool will be available and meets your unit goals.
- Unclassified and academic staff positions should appear in at least one print or online ad unless the department identifies more appropriate recruiting resources.
- Faculty positions must appear in at least one print or online journal publication with a national distribution. Please work with your HRM Senior Recruiter to discuss available options or to learn about joint faculty advertisements for cost savings.
- Units are encouraged to use advertising resources that target their specific discipline area and diversity outlets outside of the standard advertising publications supported by the University.
- Contact your SSC HR Coordinator or HRM Senior Recruiter to learn about JobElephant, a service that can provide data metrics (views & clicks) and job-specific recommendations for online advertising locations, helping departments better use their budgets while attracting qualified candidates. There is no additional cost for utilizing JobElephant.
Automatic Ad Locations
The University posts all faculty and staff job openings to the following locations without additional cost to the hiring unit:
- KansasWorks (State of Kansas Workforce Site)
- The Chronicle for Higher Education (Faculty, VP, VC, and other senior leadership openings in the higher education community)
- Academic Keys (Faculty focused job postings)
- Insight Into Diversity (Focuses on diversity hiring)
- Higher Ed Jobs (Focuses upon all job types in the Higher Education sector)
- Circa/Local Job Network (Focuses job posting to multiple sites including community job boards with a focus on veterans and individuals with disabilities)
- Indeed (Basic posting, reach out to SSC for spotlight posting)
- Abilities in Jobs (Focuses on disability inclusion hiring)
- Asian in Jobs (Focuses on Asian-American inclusion hiring)
- Black in Jobs (Focuses on Black American inclusion hiring)
- Hispanic in Jobs (Focuses on Hispanic inclusion hiring)
- LGBTQ in Jobs (Focuses on LGBTQ+ inclusion hiring)
- Diversity in Jobs (Focuses on diversity hiring)
- Seniors in Jobs (Focuses on senior citizen inclusion hiring)
- Women in Jobs (Focuses on hiring women)
- JOFDAV (Focuses on hiring veterans with disabilities)
- Disabled Person (Fully accessible job board focusing on hiring individuals with disabilities)
- Hispanic Job Exchange (Focuses on Hispanic inclusion hiring)
Advertising for Regional and National Searches
When a regional or national search is required for your posting, multiple locations and options are available depending upon outreach needs and available budgetary resources. HRM has compiled a list of resources for Local, Regional, and National advertising. If you have any questions about the posting process, please contact your SSC contact or HR senior recruitment coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-864-4946.