Tenure Track Faculty Evaluation
The Performance Management System (MyTalent.ku.edu) will be used to store and track faculty evaluations.
Chairs and Deans will still complete faculty evaluations using established paper documents, but will use the Performance Management System to upload the evaluation and send to the faculty member for acknowledgement.
When the evaluation form is ready for you, as the supervisor, to complete, you will receive an email. [View Screenshot]
Upload Tenure Track Faculty Evaluation
- Log in to MyTalent
- You can also access the MyTalent system by selecting the “MyTalent” link in the email [View Screenshot]
- Select the Performance button from the "Performance and Learning" section [View Screenshot]
- On the next page, you will see a list of evaluations needing completion. Select the Faculty Performance Evaluation link [View Screenshot]
- To upload a tenure track faculty performance evaluation, follow the instructions below and on form: [View Screenshot]
- Select the Supporting button in the top-right [View Screenshot]
- From the “Supporting” flyout window, select the plus sign to the right of “Attachments” [View Screenshot]
- Select Choose File to locate and upload the document from your computer [View Screenshot]
- Once a document is selected, select Upload in the bottom-right [View Screenshot]
- Then select OK [View Screenshot]
- Enter a performance rating using your unit’s rating scale for three sections: Teaching, Research, and Service [View Screenshot]
- Optionally, add comments about the faculty member’s performance in each section in the comments field [View Screenshot]
- In the “Allocation of Effort” section, if the faculty member has a Differential Allocation of Effort (DAE), please indicate that using the available fields. Otherwise, leave the default values (40, 40, 20). Please state the reason for the DAE in the comment field. [View Screenshot]
- In the “Teaching Load” section, use the available dropdown menu to indicate if the faculty member taught a full load according to the expectations of your faculty evaluation plan. [View Screenshot]
- If you select no, please use the available dropdown menu to select the reason the faculty member did not teach a full load for that year.
- In the “Performance Improvement Plan” section, use the available fields to indicate whether the faculty member is on a performance improvement plan. [View Screenshot]
- Once you have uploaded the evaluation, select the blue Send to Faculty Member Acknowledgement button in the bottom-right [View Screenshot]
- From there you will land on a confirmation page, where you will again select the blue Send to Faculty Member Acknowledgement buttonin the bottom-right to complete the process [View Screenshot]