Accessing KBOR Plan Funds

Accessing Kansas Board of Regents 403(b) Plan Funds

Accessing KBOR Mandatory and Voluntary 403(b) Retirement Plan funds is delineated in the KBOR retirement plan documents. 


  • For the KBOR Mandatory Retirement Plan, access to funds is only available when the participant has completely separated from service from all state universities/KBOR office employment or when the participant is under a Phased Retirement Agreement. A Bona Fide Separation from Service (pdf) is required in order for a participant to access the Mandatory Plan funds.
  • For the KBOR Voluntary Retirement Plan, participants may access funds after separation from service, at or after age 59 ½, when disability status is attained or for an approved hardship or loan.

Accessing Funds

The Kansas Board of Regents 403(b) plan is using Planwithease (PWE) to help administer the Retirement Program. PWE is a plan administration service which will act on behalf of the KBOR Retirement Program to review and approve distribution requests that are allowed under the KBOR Plans for approved providers. PWE also offers account information and educational materials.

For information about how to utilize PWE as well as information about hardship withdrawals, loans and qualified domestic relations orders, please visit Accessing KBOR Retirement Plan Funds

Additional Information

If your information is not in PWE or your funds are with a non-approved provider, please contact Benefits at 785-864-7402. You will need to complete the appropriate form below and provide it to the Benefits Office:


*An accessible version of the PDFs on this site will be made available upon request. Please contact our office at to request the document be made available in an accessible format.