Temp & Student Voluntary Benefits

Temporary & Student Employee Voluntary Benefits

The University of Kansas provides the following voluntary programs for student and temporary employees:

  • Charitable Contributions: You can setup automatic payroll deductions to support United Way, the KU Endowment Association and Community Health Charities. Please visit Charitable Contributions for more information.
  • Voluntary 457 Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan: If you are interested in participating in a voluntary 457 deferred compensation retirement plan, please review the KPERS 457 Savings Program by visiting Voluntary Retirement Plans, or call 1-800-232-0024 for additional information.
  • 529 Education Savings Plan: If you are interested in planning and investing for higher education costs for your child, grandchild, friend, spouse or even yourself, please refer to LearningQuest for information about the 529 Education Savings Plan.
  • Employee Discounts: Discounts are available for state employees on various products and from various vendors. Please visit the STAR Employee Discount Program for more information.

Additional Information

If you choose to participate in any of the above voluntary benefit programs, you will need to contact Benefits email at benefits@ku.edu or by phone at 785-864-4946 when your employment ends to ensure that the deductions are canceled timely and are not-restarted if you resume employment at a later date.