Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Certification Forms
As part of the U.S. Department of Education’s Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program, HRM is authorized to to complete a Public Service Employment Certification form for current and former KU employees.
To submit your PSLF form to KU HRM and have it completed and returned to you electronically:
1. Download the PSLF form (pdf) from the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
2. Print the form and complete Section 1 and 2. When finished, scan the edited hard copy and save the file to your computer.
Alternatively, if you have software that allows you to edit PDF documents (such as Adobe Acrobat Pro), complete Section 1 and 2 of the form electronically and save your changes.
For your security, we recommend that you do not include your SSN on your form if you send it electronically. When we return the form to you, you can add that information before submitting to the U.S. Department of Education.
3. Email the form to email@example.com as an attachment. Include your date of birth or last 4 numbers of your SSN within the body of the e-mail for verification purposes.
4. Once KU HRM receives your form, Sections 3 and 4 will be completed and returned to you via email.
5. Print the completed PSLF form and mail or fax it to the U.S. Department of Education, FedLoan Servicing – see Section 7 of the PSLF form (on page 4) for more information.
If you prefer, you can also bring the form into our office we are located at the following address:
Human Resource Management
1246 West Campus Rd.
Lawrence, KS 66045
Frequently Asked Questions
No. PSLF eligibility is determined by FedLoan Servicing. HRM is only authorized to sign the PSLF form and does not determine PSLF eligibility.
Additional information can be found at the Public Service Loan Forgiveness FAQ page on the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
No. HRM will email the completed PSLF form back to the employee. It is the employee’s responsibility to then send their PSLF form to FedLoan Servicing – see step #5 in the Instructions section, above.
For PSLF purposes, “full time employment” means working 30 or more hours per week.
The Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for the University of Kansas is 48-6029925.
No. HRM is the authorized official who has access to the borrower's employment or service records and is authorized by the employer to certify the employment status of the organization's employees or former employees.
Digital signatures from you or your employer must be hand-drawn (from a signature pad, mouse, finger, or by taking a picture of a signature drawn on a piece of paper that you then scan and embed on the signature line of the PSLF form) to be accepted. Typed signatures, even if made to mimic a hand-drawn signature, or security certificate-based signatures are not accepted.
For more information see the Student Aid Website.
*An accessible version of the documents on this site will be made available upon request. Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the document be made available in an accessible format.