Benefits Eligible Employees
You are considered a benefits eligible employee at the University of Kansas if you are appointed to a regular position that is 48% or greater FTE (Full Time Equivalent).
For State Employee Health Plan premiums purposes only, please note:
- Full-time: if your appointment in a regular position is 75% or greater FTE.
- Part-time: if your appointment in a regular position is 48% to less than 75% FTE.
Please note that full time employees pay a smaller health insurance premium than part time employees. Refer to the health insurance premium information for your respective rates.
Employees Holding Combined Appointments
If you are appointed to more than one position, your benefits eligibility is based on the combined FTE for all regular positions.
Benefit Programs Offered
Benefits eligible employees can participate in all of the following benefits programs:
- State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) includes health insurance, dental coverage, supplemental vision plans, prescription drug coverage, dependent and health care flexible spending accounts, and a health savings or health reimbursement account and voluntary insurance products such as hospital indemnity, accidental injury and critical illness insurance plans.
- Death and disability.
- Basic and optional group life insurance.
- Retirement benefits, KPERS, KPERS 457 and Kansas Board of Regents Mandatory and Voluntary 403b.
If you are not benefits-eligible, you may be eligible for coverage under the SEHP if you meet eligibility requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit ACA& KU Employees.