The University of Kansas offers several travel insurance options that include business travel, emergency evacuation, and repatriation, as well as natural disaster and political risk evacuation.
All faculty, staff and student employees who travel on University business, as well as incidental leisure travel up to seven days before and after the scheduled end of the travel for University business, are eligible for travel insurance coverage. Qualified dependents (spouses and qualified dependent children up to age 26) traveling with you for University business purposes are also covered.
Prior to out-of-state or international travel for University business, all travelers (regardless of funding source) must have an approved travel authorization completed in the PeopleSoft travel and expense module. This can be accomplished by notifying the appropriate individual in the department processing travel or the unit’s shared service center of the individuals’ intent to travel. If you have questions regarding your travel authorization, please contact the KU Payables Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-864-3790.
Coverage exclusions can be found in the Summary of Benefits.
Business Travel Insurance
- KU's Business Travel Policy is underwritten by AIG and also provides a $100,000 accidental death and dismemberment benefit for covered individuals. For more information and coverage details, please download and review the Summary of Benefits.
Emergency Travel Assistance Services
- Emergency Travel Assistance Services are provided by AIG. For more information about the plan, please download and review the AIG Travel Guard Services and the Travel ID Card, which includes a printable ID card with AIG's contact information.
International Travel Insurance
- International travel insurance is also provided by AIG.
- The AIG ID card should be downloaded and printed before traveling which includes emergency response contact information.
- You can create an account online to access AIG's » Member Center. Download and review the Travel Assist Web User Guide for instructions on creating an online account.
Travel Planning Resources
- Please visit the Travel Center » for information on the University of Kansas travel process and resources to help you create your travel arrangements.
- View Academic Work in Countries with Federal Travel Warnings » for helpful resources and important information about traveling to countries currently under a U.S. Department of State Travel Warning.