HealthQuest Rewards Program
The State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) offers the HealthQuest rewards program. If you are enrolled in the medical portion of the SEHP, you can earn credits by participating in HealthQuest wellness activities. If you are enrolled in Plan A or Plan C, and you and your covered spouse earn enough credits, you will earn a discount to your medical plan premiums. If you are enrolled in Plan C, you and your covered spouse also can earn additional employer contributions to your HRA/HSA.
HealthQuest is an optional program; you are not required to participate in order to be covered under the SEHP.
Information about Plan Year 2017 (January 1 - December 31)
Your Medical plan premiums are determined by your participation in HealthQuest. If you qualified for the Plan Year 2017 HealthQuest premium discount, you will need to subtract $10 from the SEHP Medical plan premiums to arrive at the discounted semi-monthly premium.
From January 1 through December 31, 2017 employees and covered spouses in SEHP medical plans have the opportunity to earn credits by participating in various HealthQuest activities. Employee and covered spouses will need to complete the following activities in order to earn credits to qualify for the Medical plan premium discount in Plan Year 2018:
- Complete the required health assessment questionnaire (worth 10 credits).
- Earn 30 additional credits by completing a variety of programs such biometric screenings, preventive medical, dental and vision exams; and health and fitness activities.
- Medical Plan premium discount - By earning 40 credits:
- Employees with single or employee with child(ren) coverage will earn $480 insurance premium reduction for calendar year 2018.
- For employees with spouse or full family coverage, both the employee and covered spouse must both earn 40 credits. Employee/Spouse and Employee/Full Family both the employee and covered spouse can each earn a $240 insurance premium reduction ($480 total) for calendar year 2018. If only one member earns 40 credits, there will be a $240 premium reduction. If both members earn 40 credits, there will be a $480 premium reduction.
- HealthQuest premium incentives FAQ
- Additional HRA/HSA employer contributions (Plan C members) – By earning a total of 50 credits:
- Plan C members and covered spouses can each earn up to $500 in additional CY 2017 HRA/HSA employer contributions for HealthQuest activities. Those credits must be earned by November 9, 2017, in order to receive additional 2017 HRA/HSA employer contributions.
- How to Create HealthQuest Account - If additional assistance is needed, please call 1-888-275-1205 and option 3 available 24/7.
- HeathQuest Rewards Program Overview - Employees and covered spouses must each earn 40 credits by December 31, 2017 to qualify for the $480 premium discount for Plan Year 2018. (Information for NEW Faculty and Staff - See this New Employee Chart for when credits must be earned.)
- Earning Your Credits - how credits are earned to receive the HealthQuest premium discount. You can review the credits you have earned in the HealthQuest Portal, under Incentives Summary. If you have questions about credits, review the Premium Incentive FAQs or contact the HealthQuest helpline at 1-888-275-1205 Option 3 available 24/7.
- Plan C Incentive Guide – employees and covered spouses also can earn additional HRA/HSA employer contributions for activities that earn credits (up to $500 per employee and spouse). Those credits must be earned by November 9, 2017, in order to receive additional 2017 HRA/HSA employer contributions.
- You no longer have to worry about manually entering your annual preventive exams (dental, vision and well man/woman exams) to earn HQ credits. Credits will automatically upload to your account after your SEHP medical insurance vendor has processed the claim. The SEHP medical vendor will send a file directly to Cerner (the HQ vendor) showing the credits earned and Cerner will email you when the credits are applied to your account.
- Biometric Health Screening Information - Three ways to obtain biometric numbers – attend a free screening event on campus, order an at-home screening kit, or submit biometric results verified by your physician. You can also schedule over the phone, 1-888-275-1205 Option 3 available 24/7.
- Biometric values will be upload to the portal one time per calendar year for credits. If screening is completed with results provided on the physician’s form, the member will not earn 5 credits for the screening, which are only available through a biometric or at-home screening, but will earn biometric value credits.
- The at-home screening kits must be ordered by October 9th for Plan C members and by November 1st for Plan A members.
- If the biometric results with be provided by your physician and your physician completes the cotinine test (tobacco free) section, credits will be provided. Cotinine testing is not part of standard lab testing at the physician’s office and you will incur an additional charge for the test if it is performed outside of a biometric screening event.
Tobacco free credits 3 credits are provided to members whose Cotinine test results are tobacco free. The Cotinine test is available in the biometric screenings and are optional. For biometric results from a physician, if the provider completes the Cotinine (tobacco free) section of form, credits will be provided. Please note that Cotinine testing is not part of the standard lab testing at the physician’s office and you will incur an additional charge if the Cotinine test is ordered.
2017 Biometric Screenings & Health Coaching
Biometric Screenings: Kansas Union – Big 12 Room: Aug 21-22, Sep 11-12, Oct 5-6, Nov 7
Health Coaching: Kansas Union – Regionalist Room: Aug 21-22, Sep 11-12, Oct 5-6, Nov 7
The Biometric screening check in form requires “Member Number” or State of Kansas Identification number (SOKS ID) plus EE for employee or SP for spouse. SOKS ID is available on your paystub (directions to view stub here). If you need further assistance with HealthQuest, please call 1-888-275-1205 option 3, available 24/7.
- Links, Webinars, and Resources: list of all available State Employee Health Plan, EAP, and HealthQuest Resources
- Wellness Challenges: Challenges are designed to give members the opportunity to practice healthy behaviors. Credits will be awarded on the portal automatically upon completion of each challenge.
- Monthly HealthQuest Newsletter - from the SEHP, provides a variety of information about the health plan, HealthQuest programs for credit toward the premium discount, and other resources for health and wellness.
- Feedback: To submit feedback about HealthQuest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.