Inclement Weather and Time Reporting
Emergencies & Inclement Weather
Please visit KU Lawrence Campus Alerts to monitor the campus operating status, and to gather emergency information and instructions when inclement weather strikes, or an emergency has been announced.
KU closes only in very rare circumstances. Visit Inclement Weather FAQs and the Inclement Weather Policy to learn more about closure procedures and time reporting guidelines associated with inclement weather.
Please visit Emergency Management Plan to learn more about what to do in the event of an emergency.
The Lawrence Campus utilizes a range of tools to keep students, employees, and visitors informed in the event of an emergency. These tools include text messaging (faculty and staff can login to Enroll and Pay to sign up for text messages), public address speakers, email, Twitter, and campus alerts. Visit KU's Emergency Notification System for more information.
Please refer to Inclement Weather Time Reporting Guidelines (doc) for detailed instructions.
- Lawrence, Edwards, Leavenworth campuses to close Wednesday due to inclement weather forecast
- The Lawrence, Edwards and Leavenworth campuses will close Wednesday, Feb. 2, due to anticipated winter weather.
- All classes – whether in-person or online – are canceled for the day.
- Only weather-essential employees should report to work. All other employees – including those who have been working remotely – are not expected to work.
- Students and employees are encouraged to remain off campus Wednesday if possible so that snow removal crews can operate without interruptions from vehicles or pedestrians.
- As always, instructors are encouraged to communicate with students as needed regarding assignments and coursework, and supervisors are encouraged to communicate with staff as necessary regarding workloads or schedules
*An accessible version of the documents on this site will be made available upon request. Please contact our office at email@example.com to request the document be made available in an accessible format.