Project Leader Certificate Program
The Project Leader Certificate Program provides the opportunity to develop your leadership knowledge and your project management skills. It is presented by the Human Resource Management (HRM) Learning & Development unit in conjunction with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO).
The certificate program is an interactive curriculum designed to build capacity of professionals working in the informal role of project manager. It includes all of the courses necessary to complete the Project Leader path on the Leadership Roadmap and prepares the “unofficial” project manager to:
- Lead Yourself – understand and develop your personal change leadership style
- Lead a Team – apply Franklin Covey’s project management methodology to plan, execute and close projects, communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, facilitate meetings, and lead others to achieve a shared goal
- Lead across KU – learn how projects affect groups across campus and how your new skills enable you to lead within your project space
Participants are required to attend seven class days with two synchronous online sessions per day. Each session highlights a project management topic and includes experiential learning with practical strategies to apply to your own project. The online sessions will last no longer than two hours each. Participants are also required to complete up to three hours of supplemental material each week, including LinkedIn Learning courses and reading assignments.
Participants should come with a project to work on throughout the program, preferably a tangible initiative their department would like to implement (e.g. planning an event; testing and training for a new software solution; improving a process). At the end of the program, each person will give a short, informal presentation highlighting how they have applied the curriculum to their project. They may invite their project team members and supervisors/managers to their presentation.
The overall cost for registering for this course is roughly $170.
There is a fee of $158.00 for access to the Franklin Covey Project Management for the Unofficial Project Manager materials, to be paid to HRM Learning & Development.
Participants are also required to purchase a new copy of the book Change Intelligence: Use the Power of CQ to Lead Change That Sticks by Barbara Trautlein in either hardcopy or eBook format. The book must be new and include the code required to complete the CQ Assessment online. Depending on the format and seller, the cost generally ranges in price from $10-$25. (More information and links to booksellers.)
- October 22, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
- October 29, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
- November 5, 2020 – 9-11am
- November 19, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
- December 3, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
- December 10, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
- December 17, 2020 – 9-11am and 1-3pm
Final presentations will be scheduled in early January 2021 at times convenient for the participants and their invited guests.
Note: each AM and PM session will be conducted online (via Zoom or Teams) and will be no longer than two hours.
To enroll, please visit MyTalent.
Please contact Human Resource Management at email@example.com for more information about the program.