HealthQuest Rewards Program
The State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) offers the HealthQuest rewards program. If you are enrolled in the medical portion of the SEHP, you can earn credits by participating in HealthQuest wellness activities. If you are enrolled in Plan A or Plan C, and you and your covered spouse earn enough credits, you will earn a discount to your medical plan premiums. If you are enrolled in Plan C, you and your covered spouse also can earn additional employer contributions to your HRA/HSA.
HealthQuest is an optional program; you are not required to participate in order to be covered under the SEHP.
Information about Plan Year 2017 (January 1 - December 31)
From January 1 through December 31, 2017 employees and covered spouses in SEHP medical plans have the opportunity to earn credits by participating in various HealthQuest activities. Employee and covered spouses will need to complete the following activities in order to earn credits to qualify for the Medical plan premium discount in Plan Year 2018:
- Complete the required health assessment questionnaire (worth 10 credits).
- Earn 30 additional credits by completing a variety of programs such biometric screenings, preventive medical, dental and vision exams; and health and fitness activities.
- Medical Plan premium discount - By earning 40 credits:
- Employees with single or employee with child(ren) coverage will earn $480 insurance premium reduction for calendar year 2018.
- For employees with spouse or full family coverage, both the employee and covered spouse must both earn 40 credits. Employee/Spouse and Employee/Full Family both the employee and covered spouse can each earn a $240 insurance premium reduction ($480 total) for calendar year 2018. If only one member earns 40 credits, there will be a $240 premium reduction. If both members earn 40 credits, there will be a $480 premium reduction.
- HealthQuest premium incentives FAQ
- Additional HRA/HSA employer contributions (Plan C members) – By earning a total of 50 credits:
- Plan C members and covered spouses can each earn up to $500 in additional CY 2017 HRA/HSA employer contributions for HealthQuest activities. Those credits must be earned by November 9, 2017, in order to receive additional 2017 HRA/HSA employer contributions.
2017 Premium Discounts
Your Medical plan premiums are determined by your participation in HealthQuest. If you qualified for the Plan Year 2017 HealthQuest premium discount, you will need to subtract $10 from the SEHP Medical plan premiums to arrive at the discounted semi-monthly premium.
Information about Plan Year 2018 (January 1 - December 31)
Employees and covered spouses who participate in the HealthQuest program can earn credits toward the $480 premium incentive discount for PY 2019. And, those with an HSA or HRA can earn additional employer contributions to the employee’s HSA/HRA (up to $500 each per employee and covered spouse).
For more information:
The SEHP is offering webinars that provide an overview of the Plan Year 2018 HealthQuest Rewards Program. During these webinars SEHP will be covering the 2018 HealthQuest Rewards Program Incentives, Deadlines, and Activities (both existing and new for 2018). Click on the registration link and select the date and time from the drop-down box that is convenient for you:
Wed, Oct 11, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
Mon, Oct 16, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
Thu, Oct 19, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
Tue, Oct 24, 2017 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CDT
Thu, Oct 26, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
Fri, Oct 27, 2017 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/529592255800234755
Tools and Resources
Earnings your HealthQuest Credits
Accrue credits to receive the HealthQuest premium discount. You can review the credits you have earned in the HealthQuest Portal, under Incentives Summary.
- Biometric values will be upload to the portal one time per calendar year for credits. If screening is completed with results provided on the physician’s form, the member will not earn 5 credits for the screening, which are only available through a biometric or at-home screening, but will earn biometric value credits.
- If the biometric results with be provided by your physician and your physician completes the cotinine test (tobacco free) section, credits will be provided. Cotinine testing is not part of standard lab testing at the physician’s office and you will incur an additional charge for the test if it is performed outside of a biometric screening event.
- Tobacco free credits - 3 credits are provided to members whose Cotinine test results are tobacco free. The Cotinine test is available in the biometric screenings and are optional. For biometric results from a physician, if the provider completes the Cotinine (tobacco free) section of form, credits will be provided. Please note that Cotinine testing is not part of the standard lab testing at the physician’s office and you will incur an additional charge if the Cotinine test is ordered.
Phone: 1-888-275-1205 Option 3 (available 24/7)
To submit feedback about HealthQuest or if you have questions about pending credits, please email email@example.com. According to HealthQuest program FAQ, process takes about 4-5 weeks from the date of your appointment/activity. You will be notified via email of credits posted into your portal.
Biometric Health Screening Information
Three ways to obtain biometric numbers – attend a free screening event on campus, order an at-home screening kit, or submit biometric results verified by your physician. Sign up for a biometric screening appointment at your HealthQuest Rewards account (Log In and click on “Step 2 Biometric Screenings” and “Onsite Screening”) or call 1-888-275-1205, option 3, available 24/7.
KU 2017 Biometric Health Screening Events – KU- Lawrence campus
- When: Tuesday, 11/07/17
- Where: Kansas Union, Big 12 Room
- Time: 8 am to 1pm
The Biometric screening check in form requires “Member Number” or State of Kansas Identification number (SOKS ID) plus EE for employee or SP for spouse. SOKS ID is available on your paystub (directions to view stub here). If you need further assistance with HealthQuest, please call 1-888-275-1205 option 3, available 24/7.
The at-home screening kits must be ordered by October 9th for Plan C members and by November 1st for Plan A members to qualify for Plan Year 2018 discount.
For additional information, please visit SEHP HealthQuest Biometric Screening Options page.
- Links, Webinars, and Resources: list of all available State Employee Health Plan, EAP, and HealthQuest Resources
- Wellness Challenges: Challenges are designed to give members the opportunity to practice healthy behaviors. Credits will be awarded on the portal automatically upon completion of each challenge.
- Monthly HealthQuest Newsletter - from the SEHP, provides a variety of information about the health plan, HealthQuest programs for credit toward the premium discount, and other resources for health and wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m New to HealthQuest Rewards program. How do I start?
Visit the HealthQuest Welcome Brochure including Program Overview and Registration Guide. If additional assistance is needed, HealthQuest support is available 24/7 at 1-888-275-1205, option 3.
Information for NEW Faculty and Staff - See this New Employee Chart for when credits must be earned.
What is the HealthQuest Premium Discount?
Employees with employee only or employee and children coverage who earn enough HealthQuest credits (40 credits per enrolled employee and covered spouses for 2017 and 2018 HealthQuest program), including completing the Health Assessment Questionnaire, will receive a reduction in the following year SEHP medical plan premiums.
- Employees with employee only or employee and children coverage who earn 40 HealthQuest credits, including completing the Health Assessment Questionnaire, will receive a $480 reduction in 2018 SEHP medical plan premiums.
- For employees with employee and spouse or employee and full family coverage, the employee and covered spouse will each need to earn 40 HealthQuest credits, including completing the Health Assessment Questionnaire, to get the full $480 reduction in 2018 SEHP medical plan premiums. If only one completes the requirements, the 2018 premium incentive discount will be $240.
HealthQuest Credits for the 2018 Premium Incentive Discount must be earned by 12/31/2017.
Why is earning the HealthQuest Premium Incentive Discount important?
This discount reduces the premium you pay for SEHP medical coverage. 2018 premiums non-discounted and including HealthQuest discounts. Rates are effective 01/01/2018.
How many credits do I currently have?
- To check how many credits you have, log into your HealthQuest Rewards account. (Here is how to create your account.)
- To review the points you have earned in the HealthQuest Portal, click in “Plan A/C Incentives” tab and Incentive Summary.
Employees and spouses enrolled in Plans A and C have until Sunday, December 31, 2017 to complete Health Assessment (worth 10 credits) and earn a total of 40 credits to receive a $480 premium incentive reduction in 2018.
Plan C members have until Thursday, November 9, 2017 to complete activities to earn additional 2017 HSA/HRA employer contributions, up to $500 per employee and spouse (after November 9, 2017 all activities will count only as HealthQuest credits).
If you need assistance with your HealthQuest account, please call the HealthQuest Help Desk at 1-888-275-1205 option 3, available 24/7.
How do I get credits for attending my doctor appointments/preventative exams?
HealthQuest credits are no longer self-report as of 01/01/2017 including dental, vision, and well women/man preventative exams. Credits will appear after your insurance company has processed your claim and notified Cerner that you completed the activity. According to HealthQuest program FAQ, process takes about 4-5 weeks from the date of your appointment/activity. You will be notified via email of credits posted into your portal.
If you have questions about pending credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not received your credit after 6 weeks, please email email@example.com so KU Benefits can follow up with appropriate HealthQuest contacts.
Biometric Screenings at KU – How do I sign up and what dates are available?
Sign up for an appointment at your HealthQuest Rewards account (Log In and click on “Step 2 Biometric Screenings” and “Onsite Screening”) or call 1-888-275-1205, option 3, available 24/7. Appointments are highly recommended. Walk-ins may be subject to a wait time which may vary.
Biometric screenings are available statewide, including KU Lawrence Campus.
KU 2017 Biometric Health Screening Events – KU- Lawrence campus
8am – 1pm
Big 12 Room
I can’t attend a Biometric Health Screening at KU-Lawrence Campus. What are my other options?
HealthQuest offers three ways to obtain biometric numbers in order to complete an online health assessment:
- Attend an onsite biometric health screening event at another screening site. The statewide schedule is available here. Biometric values will be auto-populated in the HealthQuest website.
- Biometric Results from Physician. The SEHP will cover one preventive exam per calendar year in full (with no co-pay). Print the Biometric Values Form to take with you to your appointment. Employees may use test results from visits occurring between January 1, 2017, and December 31, 2017.
- At-Home test kit. To order an at-home test kit, log into your account on the wellness portal at https://kansashealthquest.cernerwellness.com, click ”Step 2” in the image slider at the top of the page. This will take you to all biometric options. Choose the In Home Mailer Option.
- For the 2017 discount, the last day to order a kit is November 1 for Plan A members and October 9 for Plan C members.
- In order to have your results processed and loaded to the Cerner portal, once you receive your kit, members must have their kits returned by December 1 if on Plan A and November 9 if on Plan C.
- If you utilize the home test kit option, you will not receive credits for blood pressure value or cotinine results. Biometric values will be auto-populated into the HealthQuest portal approximately 2 weeks from the date you ship the kit back for processing.