Welcome to KU!
Welcome to Mount Oread and the University of Kansas. You are joining a tremendous campus and community, and I hope you will take advantage of the opportunities for academic and professional growth as well as cultural enrichment.
Through the core missions of teaching, research, and service, the University of Kansas seeks to respond to the demands of a new age. We seek to change our world, and at the same time, our world calls upon us to change. An actively engaged university community works for Kansas, meeting the needs of students, families, and businesses. The more you become engaged in our campus and our community, the greater the success of KU.
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the KU community.
Jeffrey S. Vitter
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Let's Get Started!
The resources provided on this site will assist in preparing you for your first day at KU and beyond. The forms contained in the new employee packet are required to be completed on or before your first day of employment for payroll and benefits (if eligible) purposes. To assist in expediting your onboarding session with your Shared Service Center or Recruitment and Onboarding Center representative, you are encouraged to complete the forms provided in advance and bring them with you during your scheduled appointment.
- New Employee Checklist: If you are a new faculty or staff member, these checklists will help you prepare for your first day, and outline action items that will assist you during your first week, month, and year.
- New Student Employee Checklist: If you are a new student worker, these checklists will help you prepare for your first day of work at KU, and outline action items that will assist you during your first week and month of employment.
- New Employee Packet: Visit this page for all required and optional forms that new staff, faculty, and student employees are required to review and complete in order to begin the onboarding process.
- New Employee Orientation: Visit this page to view and register for upcoming orientation sessions which is required for all new staff members (except faculty).
- Relocation Information: Visit this page for information and resources if you are relocating to the Lawrence area.