Individual Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance for Graduate Students
Voluntary dental insurance and vision insurance are offered to eligible Graduate Students through UnitedHealthcare ». It is important to note that the University does not contribute towards dental or vision premiums for Graduate Students.
The coverage year for dental and vision insurance begins on August 1, and ends on July 31.
The eligibility requirements for dental and vision coverage are the same as those for the Graduate Student Health Insurance plan. Eligibility details can be found by visiting Graduate Student Health Insurance.
Open enrollment for annual dental insurance and vision insurance begins August 1, 2016, and is open for 45 days. You will not be able to purchase coverage outside of the 45 day open enrollment period. You can enroll by visiting the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources and clicking on the “Enroll Now” link located on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
The table below provides graduate student premiums for dental insurance and vision insurance for the various coverage options offered:
|Coverage Option||Annual Premium|
|Student and Spouse||$615.89||$233.88|
|Student and All Children||$730.05||$274.32|
|Student, Spouse, and All Children||$1094.15||$385.92|
Dental Plan Resources
- For additional information about dental coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Dental Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating dental providers, visit Dental Preferred Providers and click on "National Options PPO 30" from the list of plan names.
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the dental customer service line at 1-877-816-3596.
Vision Plan Resources
- For additional information about vision coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Vision Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating vision providers, visit UnitedHealthcare Vision », and utilize the "Provider Quick Search" tool located on the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the vision customer service line at 1-800-638-3120.