Individual Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance for Students
Voluntary dental insurance and vision insurance are offered to eligible students through UnitedHealthcare ». It is important to note that the University does not contribute towards dental or vision premiums for students who have a 50% Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), or Graduate Assistant (GA) appointment.
The plan year for dental and vision insurances begins on August 1 and ends on July 31.
The eligibility requirements for dental and vision coverage are the same as those for the health insurance plan. Eligibility details for students with a 50% GTA, GRA and/or GA appointment can be found by visiting Graduate Student Health Insurance.
Open enrollment for annual dental insurance and vision insurance ends 45 days from August 1st of each year. If you are enrolling during the 45 day open enrollment, you can enroll at www.uhcsr.com/ku, in the View Plan dropdown select GA/TA Plan, and then Dental or Vision. You will not be able to purchase coverage outside of the 45 day open enrollment period unless there is a qualifying life event (QLE) (e.g. loss of health insurance coverage, no longer eligible on your parent's insurance, marriage, etc.) If you have a QLE after the close of open enrollment and want to purchase dental insurance or vision insurance, please see the contact information at the bottom of this page.
The table below provides student premiums for dental insurance and vision insurance for the various coverage options offered:
|Two or more Children||$399.40||$159.60|
|Spouse & Two or more Children||$692.04||$277.56|
Dental Plan Resources
- For additional information about dental coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Dental Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating dental providers, visit Dental Preferred Providers.
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the dental customer service line at 1-877-816-3596 and refer to group number 000471.
Vision Plan Resources
- For additional information about vision coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Vision Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating vision providers, visit UnitedHealthcare Vision.
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the vision customer service line at 1-800-638-3120.