University Support Staff members are required to establish at least one goal at the beginning of each rating period and review them with their supervisor.
By using the Goals/Objective Form, you can set your goals at the beginning of the review period and add or change your goals throughout the review period. Please note that all changes and additions must be made at least 30 days before the end of the rating period.
When establishing goals/objectives, you should indicate a number for each goal and define the goal in the section labeled “Goal Description.” You supervisor's signature is required when the goal/objective is established at the beginning of the rating period. You should retain the established goal/objective until the end of the rating period when its progress will be assessed. We strongly encourage you to include comments on all goal assessments. Comments are required for "not met" and "in progress" assessments.
You should model your goals to the following 5 general job-related types:
- Operational/Task goal: A goal may clarify a job duty with more specific, measurable or qualitative criteria, e.g. “Answers phone within 3 rings.”
- Performance Improvement goal: A goal may outline specific areas of improvement needed to achieve a rating of “Meets Expectations,” e.g. “Improve timeliness by submitting financial report two days after transactions are posted.”
- Developmental goal: A goal may outline specific ways to enhance job skills, e.g. “Improve working knowledge of Excel by attending Computer Center class.”
- Project goal: A goal may define the desired outcome or milestones to achieve in a project, e.g. “Develop and implement tracking system for distribution of lab supplies.”
- Managerial goal: A goal may emphasize specific managerial tasks or characteristics, e.g. “Monitor work assignments by weekly review of project status with staff.”