Open Enrollment provides the opportunity to make changes to your benefit elections, including medical, dental, vision as well as voluntary insurance plans. You can enroll, waive, or change plans or add family members not currently enrolled. It is also when the SEHP announces changes for the upcoming year.
Action Required - Plan Year (PY) 2024 is an Active Enrollment
If you are enrolled in a SEHP medical plan in 2023, (Plan A, C, J, or N), you must complete Open Enrollment for PY 2024. Otherwise, your coverage will be defaulted to Plan N, with your same insurance company, at the same coverage level, and with a Health Reimbursement Account.
Those who do not need to participate in Open Enrollment: 1) Employees who have waived SEHP medical plan coverage; 2) Employees enrolled in Delta Dental and/or Avēsis Vision only 3) Employees who will be retiring before January 1st and 4) employees on leave who are enrolled in the SEHP Direct Bill/Retiree plan.
Reminders:If you want to enroll in health and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts or in HealthyKIDS in 2024 you must enroll during Open Enrollment. If you are newly hired and will enroll in coverage to be effective Oct., Nov., or Dec. 2023, you also will need to enroll during Open Enrollment for coverage to be effective January 1, 2024.
When is SEHP Open Enrollment?
SEHP Open Enrollment runs from October 1 to October 31. After that, you will not be able to make changes to your plan elections until the following Open Enrollment period unless you have a qualifying life event.
What’s New for Plan Year 2024?
Additional information about these highlighted changes and more can be found in the 2024 Enrollment Guide (pdf)
- No increase in medical premiums for Employees.
- Plans C & N - The overall family deductible isn’t changing but for employee plus dependent coverage tiers, the FIRST deductible applied to a family member will be $3,200 and the remaining family members will meet the balance of $2,300 for a total deductible of $5,500.
- Dental coverage will continue to be provided at no cost for Employee Only coverage and all other tiers premiums did not increase from 2023.
Hearing Aid Coverage
- Medically necessary hearing aid(s) and the associated hearing aid professional services will now be included with the medical plan benefits.
- Caremark is partnering with Prudent RX to enroll members using Specialty tier medications in manufacturer copay assistance programs to reduce copays. Employees who have filled a Specialty Medication will be contacted individually about this coverage. This comes at no cost to employees and no enrollment is necessary.
- MetLife will be the new vendor for Voluntary coverage in 2024. Accident(pdf), Critical Illness(pdf) and Hospital Indemnity(pdf) coverage will still be offered but, due to the change in vendors, you will need to re-enroll for those plans.
How do I complete Open Enrollment?
You complete SEHP Open Enrollment through the Membership Administration Portal, MAP, by making, saving and submitting your elections even if you want to continue in your current medical plan.When you complete Open Enrollment, a pending election statement will be sent to the email address you have registered in MAP. Once you receive that email, your PY 2024 Open Enrollment is complete. You are encouraged to complete Open Enrollment early. You may go into MAP as many times as needed during Open Enrollment to make elections. The selection saved as of midnight October 31st will become effective January 1, 2024.
The KU Benefits team is available to provide enrollment assistance by phone at 785-864-7402 or book an Online Appointment for enrollment help.
How Can I Learn More?
View the 2024 Enrollment Guide(pdf), the 2024 Open Enrollment Video (coming soon), and look at the 2024 Plan Rates and Health Plan Comparison Highlights Chart with consolidated information about the plan premiums, coverage highlights, and HSA/HRA applicability.
Attend a KU 2024 Open Enrollment Webinar
Ask Alex is an interactive tool that serves as a virtual benefit counselor to help you compare the various health plan options and select benefits based on your individual circumstances.
The SEHP Open Enrollment website has on-demand Open Enrollment and vendor videos to provide additional information about the plans and options available.
Optional Group Life Insurance
Optional Group Life Insurance Open Enrollment is October 1 - October 31.
Enrollment forms must be received by KU Benefits no later than 5pm on October 31, 2023.
- 2024 Open Enrollment Flyer
Open Enrollment must be completed by midnight October 31, 2023.
You are strongly encouraged to enroll early in October in case you need assistance.
KU Benefits firstname.lastname@example.org | 785-864-7402