Empowering a Community of Excellence

What to Bring

If you received notification that the acceptance of your new appointment required an in-person onboarding appointment, and you were unable to meet with your Shared Service Center Representative prior to your first day of work, you will need to ensure to bring the following information so your appointment can be finalized and entered into the payroll system. We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment to ensure a customized, streamlined experience.

  1. Required Documentation

    US Citizens

    Permanent Residents

    • I-551 Resident Alien Card.
    • Social Security Card.

    International Hires

    • Passport.
    • F-1 = I-94 and I-20.
    • J-1 Student = I-94, DS-2019, and Sponsorship Letter.
    • J-1 Non Student = I-94 and DS-2019
    • H-1B = I-94, I-797.
    • A Social Security Card.

    Graduate Teaching Assistants/Graduate Research Assistants/Graduate Assistants

    • Appropriate Work Authorization Documentation as Noted Above Based Upon Your Nationality (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, International).
    • A voided check or an official document from your financial institution that indicates the institution’s routing number and your account number for direct deposit purposes, as all payroll payments will be made by direct deposit.
    • Your Completed New Hire Packet.
  2. Incomplete Online Onboarding Tasks

    If you were unable to complete all of the online onboarding tasks, reach out to your Shared Service Center representative to discuss what other required documentation you may need to bring to complete the process onsite.

Need Help? Ask Us!
Search for HRM Policies

Visit the Policy Office for more information.

HRM Calendars
KU Today

Clipboard with self identifications options: Veteran Status, Disability, Ethnic Groups, Personal Data, KU Directory