Faculty and Academic Staff Positions
- Effective Strategies for Recruiting a Diverse Faculty and Academic Staff: Provides strategies for ensuring diversity considerations are incorporated into the search process.
- Last Date for Faculty Appointment Offers, Association of American Universities (AAU) Policy: AAU policy that outlines the last date an offer of employment for the fall semester should be accepted by a faculty member who holds a continuing full time position at another AAU University.
- Spoken English Policy: Policy outlining the Kansas Board of Regents' policy requiring that all faculty and graduate teaching assistants working at state universities have their English competency assessed.
- Behavioral Interview Questions for Faculty Searches: Provides examples of behavioral interview questions specific to Faculty searches.
- Unit Guide for Virtual Interviews for Faculty, Executive Leaders, and Director Level Positions
- Recruitment Guidelines Handbook: Provides detailed process steps on recruiting UPS and USS staff members.
- Behavioral Interview Questions for Staff Searches: Provides information and examples of behavioral interview questions for Staff searches.
Related Policies and Resources
Please review the links below for other important recruitment resources.
- Recruitment Exceptions: Provides information related to recruitment process exceptions that may be justified through either a Search Waiver or Personnel Related Action.
- Policy on Criminal Background Checks: This policy describes KU's background check program which is conducted to facilitate employment decisions that are in the best interest of University students, employees, resources and overall mission statement.
- International Employees and Scholars Support: Visit this page on the International Programs website for an outline of the options available for bringing an international scholar to KU.
- Policy on Obtaining Services of Foreign Nationals in Countries Outside of the United States: The policy describes requirements that University of Kansas, Lawrence, units must meet in order to obtain the services of foreign nationals (non-U.S. citizens/non-U.S. permanent resident aliens) who reside and work outside of the United States.
- Working in a DEA Lab Facility: This policy outlines the background check process that has been adopted to fulfill requirements for maintaining laboratories registered with the federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and to assure the integrity of the research environment in these labs.
- Retiree Rehire Policy: This policy establishes the parameters for post-retirement rehires.
- Voluntary Transfer or Demotion: Provides information when an employee willingly accepts a transfer or demotion and the impact it has on their compensation and/or job title.