Personnel Action Form (PAF)
In an effort to help streamline the personnel transaction submission process, the Personnel Action Form (PAF) has been implemented to take the place of previous traditional methods of transaction submission. This e-form will allow users to submit all personnel transactions in an electronic format by having the user enter specific information.
Accessing the PAF
Staff access the PAF through the following password protected pages on the Human Resource Management (HRM) homepage:
Once you have logged-in, you can find the PAF link in the box titled "Personnel Actions" as illustrated in the image below:
Completing the PAF
Refer to the following guides and supporting materials below for detailed instructions on how to successfully complete a PAF:
How to Guides
- PAF Guide - This guide explains how to fill out the PAF. The PAF is an e-form that contains fields which require specific information depending upon the type of personnel transaction being submitted. This guide indicates what type of information each field should include, what format that information should be entered in and any tips on how to enter that information.
- Attach Documents to a PAF - This document provides step-by-step instructions for PAF users on how to attach supplemental documentation to a PAF. Attaching electronic copies of supplemental documents allows for the PAF submission process to remain completely electronic.
- Request an RFA via a PAF - This document provides step-by-step instructions for PAF users on how to submit a RFA request via a PAF.
- Track PAF Progress - This document explains how University staff can use ImageNow/WebNow to track the progress of their PAF after it has been submitted.
Supplemental PAF Materials
- PAF and Contract Pay - This gives examples of how to submit a PAF for any faculty member eligible for Contract Pay. Found within this document are three examples of how a department can submit contract pay changes for eligible faculty members.
- Payroll Retroactive Funding Adjustment (RFAs) - This presentation explains what is an RFA, how do you know when a RFA is needed, and how to prevent RFAs.
- HR/Pay Calendar with PAF Submission and Time & Labor Deadlines.
If you need help filling out a PAF or have any additional questions, please contact HRM at email@example.com or call 785-864-4946.