Individual Dental Insurance and Vision Insurance for Graduate Students
Voluntary dental insurance and vision insurance are offered to eligible Graduate Students through UnitedHealthcare ». It is important to note that the University does not contribute towards dental or vision premiums for Graduate Students.
The plan year for dental and vision insurance begins on August 1, and ends on July 31.
The eligibility requirements for dental and vision coverage are the same as those for the Graduate Student Health Insurance plan. Eligibility details can be found by visiting Graduate Student Health Insurance.
Open enrollment for annual dental insurance and vision insurance ends 45 days from August 1st of each year. You will not be able to purchase coverage outside of the 45 day open enrollment period. You can enroll by visiting the UnitedHealthcare Student Resources and clicking on the green "Domestic GTA's, GRA's and GA's" tab.
The table below provides graduate student premiums for dental insurance and vision insurance for the various coverage options offered:
|Two or more Children||$434.13||$159.60|
|Spouse & Two or more Children||$752.22||$277.56|
Dental Plan Resources
- For additional information about dental coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Dental Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating dental providers, visit Dental Preferred Providers.
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the dental customer service line at 1-877-816-3596.
Vision Plan Resources
- For additional information about vision coverage, including a detailed comparison of covered services and benefit guidelines, please download the Vision Summary of Benefits brochure.
- For a list of participating vision providers, visit UnitedHealthcare Vision ».
- For any additional questions about the plan, please contact the vision customer service line at 1-800-638-3120.