Your First Week and Beyond
There is always a lot to learn when starting a new position. Resources such as orientation, benefits, and system access are critical for beginning your role, however there are several resources for you to explore beyond your first week at KU.
Learn what KU has to offer in the areas of professional development and learning management.
Centralized resource of all university policies searchable by category or location.
Learn more about opportunities which exist across campus and become involved.
Learn more about KU’s Tuition Assistance program to pursue higher educational opportunities and development. Children of KU Faculty and Staff may be eligible for the Coca-Cola Scholarship Program. Contact Financial Aid for more information.
Take time to discuss your equipment needs with your supervisor. This includes everything from keys to technology.
Important University Training & Reporting Requirements
The University has several training and reporting requirements that are based upon Federal, State and/or University regulations or policies. Please note the following examples:
- KU Information Management Training – Online tutorial to be taken within 60 days of employment to review the proper handling of confidential, private, or sensitive University information.
- Sexual Harassment Training – Annual online training for all employees and students. Please watch for your invitation through email.
- Clery Act Training – Annual training for individuals in designated “reporting” positions. Please watch for your invitation through email.
- Conflict of Interest – Annual reporting for faculty and unclassified staff. Reporting notices and deadlines are sent via email.
- Statement of Substantial Interests (SSI) – Certain employees are required to annually complete a SSI form with the Kansas Secretary of State’s office.